Welcome to Adelphie Natural Skincare
This first blog is a “Thank You” for supporting Adelphie Natural Skincare. When we started Adelphie our first discussions were about what guiding values we wanted to follow and whether these values would line up with what customers were looking for? We knew our products would be natural and chemical free with no phthalates, parabens, or artificial fragrances. So, while the product side of Adelphie would be ‘good for you and the planet’, we also wanted to contribute to economic development in the third world.
“Adelphie” is Greek for “Beautiful or Dear Sister”. We are told people with this name have a desire for love and companionship and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony. How Cool is that? This aligns with our desire to contribute part of our profits to third world development and help “Sisters in Need”. Adelphie Natural Skincare supports two economic initiatives focused on helping women and young girls in the Third World raise themselves up from a cycle of poverty.
Shanti Bhavan in India
The Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project (www.shantibhavanchildren.org/ lifts impoverished girls from the lowest socio-economic classes in India and provides them with an education from KG through university. Their heartbreakingly beautiful story of success can be seen on Netflx (Daughters of Destiny). We were so moved by this wonderful project that when we returned from India in 2017, we started contributing a portion of Adelphie profits to support their efforts.
Adelphie Natural Skincare supports CARE Canada (www.care.ca) in its work to fight poverty in the developing world by empowering its greatest agents for change: women and girls. A portion of our profits is donated to support CARE’s efforts in Africa, where Deborah has a personal connection before emigrating to Canada.
As part of the Adelphie community, you help a sister in need in the developing world each time you purchase Adelphie Natural Skincare products. Here’s why we believe in this effort:
- Women and girls are disproportionately affected by poverty and discrimination. Girls face the greatest risk, as they often have no choice but to leave school to help their family earn money, find food, look after younger siblings, collect water, and run the household while their parents’ work.
- Women and girls are an important part of the solutions to overcome poverty. Women tend to transfer improvements in their own lives into the lives of their children, families, and communities.
- Some great facts to consider:
- When women earn an income, they reinvest 90 percent of it in their families.
- For every year a girl spends in school she raises her family income by up to 20 percent.
- Educated girls grow into educated women, who have healthier babies and are more likely to educate their children.
- When a girl in the developing world receives seven years of education, she marries four years later and has 2.2 fewer children.
- Engaging men, boys, girls, and women can transform gender roles and increase gender equality.
By choosing healthy natural products from Adelphie Natural Skincare you effortlessly help us raise money for “sisters in need in third world countries”. Thank you for your continued support of this very worthwhile effort, and for choosing Adelphie Natural Skincare to take care of yourselves.